Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two weeks from today, I will get on a plane in Salt Lake with a group of college students I have not yet met. Actually, I have met a few of them, two of which were in Women's Chorus with me this year. Incidentally, I think all three of us have the same voice teacher. But I digress. Together, we will fly halfway across the world, to spend nearly 8 weeks in Israel, Egypt, and Jordan. This grand experience ahead of me has been a dream of mine ever since I can remember, and it's hard to believe its so close! I want to share this experience with everyone I love. My blog certainly won't have everything, and it certainly won't replace my personal journal, but I'll do my best to show and tell all of my many adventures in the Holy Land.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

WOOO!!! JERUSALEM!!!! What does the title at the top of your page say?

I like the colors!

byumeagan86 said...

shhhh... the title is a secret! J/k, it says The Lord is my Light, The Lord is my Song. I like the colors too. They are very... middle eastern. Ok, so it's really an Egyptian background, but they have camels in Israel too, right? Plus, I will be in Egypt for like a week. There was one Israel background, but it wasn't a Jerusalem city skyline, like I wanted. It was some garden, which I will also be going to. Also, I like how you and me and Kristi all found different journaling quotes. It makes me happy.

Rebecca said...

Yeah...I copied Kristi's idea, but put up a different quote. You should check out Alyssa's blog! There is a link on mine.

KSA said...

Go Meagan, Go Meagan,
I will be checking it everyday and living vicariously through you. What an exciting time....