Saturday, April 26, 2008

2 days away!

In less than 54 hours, I will be on my way to the airport. I'm not sure if I quite believe it yet. I am packed. Mostly. Packed in the loose sense of the word, but tighter than the loose sense I was using yesterday. That doesn't really make much sense at all. I have this overwhelming fear that I'm going to forget something important, or that they won't really let us go. But its getting to the point where it's too late for the powers that be to turn back now. I'm really going! I've waited for this my whole life it seems, and I'm going. Monday is our student orientation. I'm going to meet my roommates and get my Jerusalem backpack. Mom and Rebecca will be on their way home by then. Hopefully I'll find someone to drive me to the airport. That's what I'm praying for. My roommate told me she would take me, but that was a couple months ago, and I don't really want to ask that of her on the first day of school. Monday night, or maybe even tomorrow night, I'm planning on finding my home teachers to ask for a blessing, because I could sure use one right about now. I'm not scared to be in Jerusalem. I'm a little nervous about getting there. Packing and checking out of my apartment stressed me out a little more than I could handle on my own, and I haven't fully recovered. But I know that as soon as orientation starts, the overwhelmingly excited part of me will take over, and I'll feel much better.

3 comments:

KSA said...

This is so great...I will be checking everyday for the updates...I hope all goes well the next couple of days...I will be praying for you.

NicoleD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NicoleD said...

well as they say in hebrew..the blessing that is given to individuals,is:
"May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord let His face shine upon you and be gracious to you.
May the Lord look kindly upon you and give you peace." Numbers 62:4
So, I wil be checking the blog and praying for you! oh yeah if you check this before get someone to give you a dollar for charity in israel! Love ya! and cant wait to hear from you