Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So this one time I went sledding...

I decided I better post my latest mis-adventure for those of you who won't see my facebook pictures. Here's the story. I'd been wanting to go sledding all week, but once school starts its hard to find time. Especially since I have no sled. So, when my ward announced a bring your own sled ward fhe, I was kind of excited. When I got to Rock Canyon Park, I noticed that the spot we had chosen was a little too steep for my liking. I saw people sleddingon it, and going far, and having fun, and not crashing, but I couldn't even see the bottom of the hill. It was like a roller coaster. My friend Janelle tried to convince me to go down with her, but I was too scared. Eventually, this kid Ben convinced me that I really needed to try it at least once. He found a pretty sturdy sled, and had me get in front with another girl behind me, who was also terrified. He got in back, and Jaimeson took a picture before we went down. I was holding on for dear life and screaming when we started out, and before I knew it Ben was warning us of the bump we were about to hit. He was trying to get us out of that path, but it didn't work. We hit the bump, turned over, and the sled went over my hand. We must have then hit another bump, because we were all thrown from the sled, and I hit the ice face first. The girl behind me bit her lip, and Ben didn't get even a scratch. My head hurt so bad, I was sure I had a concusion. It took me quite a while to finally get up. My friend David slid down the hill as fast as he could to make sure I was ok and help me up. At the top, Jaimeson took another picture. I don't have a concusion, and I don't hurt really anymore. I'm just a little ugly is all.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't even stand to look. Your dad won't look. I love you. Please take care.
Love, Mom

byumeagan86 said...

you can tell dad that it's not as bad as it looks. It doesn't even hurt anymore, really. It's just annoying.

Poulsen People said...

OW!