Wednesday, September 10, 2008

School is cool

So I'm getting into the swing of campus life. I had my first paper due today, so I wrote it this morning in true Meagan fashion. It was an easy one. Basically, the topic was perspective, and I could write whatever I wanted about my own insights from class, or the book, or life, etc. That was for my temporal welfare in the home class, which basically follows the outline of providentliving.org. And those taking the class are taking it because we fell in love with Dr. Israelsen when we took his family finance class. That really is the reason, because we had no clue what kind of class this was going to be.

Women's chorus started on friday, and I was instantly reminded how much I love it. Plus, I'm sitting by all my favorite people and some new favorite people. And our music is gorgeous as always. Our first concert is two weeks from tomorrow, so I imagine things might get a little stressful before then. Personally, I love it when choir gets stressful. I wouldn't mind if it was like that all the time.

I found out today that one of my teachers whose class I actually got an A in is looking for a TA. And it's a class in my major. The marriage prep class, to be exact. So, I emailed Dr. Carroll and I hope I'll hear from him soon. Not that I really know what a TA does besides grade papers sometimes, but maybe it would be good to find out. And I would have a job, 15 hours a week. And it would be INFINITELY better than custodial at 5am. Let's see, what do I have going for me? I'm a senior, hfl major, graduating in april, I loved his class, got an A in his class, and aparently my papers in his class were brilliant enough to get full credit, which means I definitely know what kind of papers he is looking for. I might even still have those papers. Plus it's all fresh in my mind because I just had it before I went to Jerusalem. Granted, my gpa is not really brilliant overall or in my major. But I'm definitely interested in the subject material. lol. So lets hope I at least get an interview.

2 comments:

Poulsen People said...

YAY for school! I am excited to come down to your concert- it may be the Thursday night because I may or may not be spending Friday night canning my Christmas present from Doug's parents- go team for food storage!! Whatever day I come down, there must be Creamery involved. :)

byumeagan86 said...

mmmmm...I'm all for the creamery. Although be warned that everyone and their dog will be at the creamery after the concert. Maybe it won't be as bad on a Thursday night. I'm excited you are coming! Are you bringing Stacy too?