Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Shepherd's Field

Yesterday I ventured past the separation wall into the West Bank (with my class of course) and went to Bethlehem. We went to the church of the Nativity, which was really crowded, by people and decoration. I watched people kiss the 14 point star that marks "the spot" where Jesus was born, and saw THE mangier. Just like on the history channel. I'm not sure if all of you can tell how silly I think that is. It's a nice thought, I guess.
The best part of our Bethlehem trip was the shepherd's field. We drove out to a hill just a couple of miles from Bethlehem and at our dinner, then listened to stories about the birth of Jesus and sang Christmas hymms. I sang with two different groups, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear and Mary's Lullaby. As we listened to the program, we watched the lights come on and the stars come out over the little city. It was really beautiful. That's where my mind will be every Christmas from now on.
Tomorrow I am going to Galilee, and I'll be gone for 10 days. You've noticed that my hopes of putting up pictures for Egypt did not come true, and it looks like they wont until I'm back from Galilee. My camera is lost currently, but I do have the pictures. I'm just missing the ones from Hezekiah's tunnel, which was also awesome. Hopefully its upstairs in the lost and found, but I haven't looked yet. Neverfear, there will still be pictures from Galilee. I have another camera that I brought, but it's not as good. Especially inside. Please pray for me that I'll find the other camera, and stop being sick. I'll write again when I get back!

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds amazing!! I hope you find your camera soon. CHECK THE LOST AND FOUND!